7 Types of Gowns, There are 7 major different types of gowns: A-line, modified A-line, ball gowns, sheath gowns, empire-waist, mermaid and trumpet gowns. They all differ in terms of their cut and style.
- Ball gowns are dresses with a fitted bodice, which flair at the waist with a floor touching skirt. Ideal for most body types but looks great on pears, since it hides the lower body. The poofy skirts may be too overpowering on petite women’s frames. So if you’re petite, select a ball gown with less volume.
- Mermaid gown style is fitted till the knee or calves, and then tapers to become a full skirt or trail. This style looks extremely elegant with a low cut back that emphasizes the figure and the curvature of the back and hips. That’s why it’s perfect for hourglass women, and even some pear-shaped women. Mermaid gowns have always been a party favorite.
- Empire-waist gowns have a high waistline, just below the breasts. They completely hide the tummy, and work great for diamond and pear-shaped women. Even pregnant women prefer this style.
- A-line gown is simple and elegant and suits all body shapes. It has fitted bodice until the waist and flows out to the ground in an A-line. They are the perfect choice when you want a minimalist silhouette like for new year’s parties or as bridesmaid dresses.
- Modified A-Line Gowns is just a modified version of the A-line dress. It’s fitted through the bodice and hips and gradually flares to the hem forming an ‘A’ shape. The modified A-line dress fits closer to the body than a traditional A-line. The curve-hugging silhouette is perfect for those with shapely waists, like hour-glass, or pear shaped women who have a toned belly!
- Trumpet Gowns,This style is fitted through the body, and flares at thighs. Great option for women who have small waist, such as hour-glass and petites. Not a good option for pear-shaped bodies. It’s great for strawberry shaped women too because the flare will give a balanced effect.
- Sheath Gowns, This style of gown has a straight silhouette. It goes straight down from the hip to the hem with little or no flare. Sometimes a slight flare is added, tapering at the heels to become a long trail. Great option for petites and hourglass shapes.
More: A-line gowns, modified A-line gowns, Ball gowns, sheath gowns, empire-waist gowns, mermaid gowns, trumpet gowns, Kebaya wedding Dress, Traditional Fashion, King Bibinge Dayak women’s clothing, Traditional Dayak clothing,Kebaya wedding Dress, Busana-adat jawa, The Legend of Dewi Rengganis, Types of Thai Traditional Dress
83 total views, 2 views today